3.06.2013

Chill

Well, we had a day or two of sunshine and temperatures in the 50s, which made us all get our hopes up here in the Pacific Northwest. But of course, the weather returned to its mildew-inducing rain and chilly temperatures.

The Hound donates blood every 3 months at the local veterinary blood bank (turns out retired racing  greys make excellent universal blood donors). It was a long drive in the heavy rain, but his donation is so much appreciated and he gets lots of love and treats from the great staff at the hospital, as well as a quick check-up, so it's worth it. He's very calm about the whole business, as long as he gets his treats.

In between ordering and receiving for the shop (it's odd ordering things for summer and next winter simultaneously), I decided to make some comfort food-- in this case a cream of tomato soup recipe from the smitten kitchen (skipping the grilled cheese tonight, but it's an excellent recipe too). Listening to Joshua Bell play Gershwin's But Not for Me, drinking my favorite cheap white wine from new French glasses. I'll have the soup with a big salad and some nice warm bread. Ahhh. Who cares if it's cold and rainy?


via  

from smitten kitchen

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why...but I never knew dogs could give blood as well as humans! He's a Star then! My daughter gives blood regularly, alas I'm unable on account of the M.E. but I give thanks to the seven people who gave me theirs almost 26 years ago now.

    ReplyDelete